Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cody, Bex and Brody


My only other sibling has turned out to be my role model for relationships. Cody is 12 years my junior, rowdy, energetic, optimistic, not afraid to take chances and completely devoted to his family.

I remember when he was born, all I wanted to do was hold him and entertain him. I used to have to put him down for naps on his 'fraggle' and tap his back in a series of threes to get him to go to sleep. He was incredibly annoying and supremely entertaining at the same time.
He has grown into a confidant for me. Someone with whom I can share secrets and get absolutely no judgement in return. We have gone on runs in 115 degree weather where I have bared my soul to him and he didn't once say to me "Are you nuts?"
He is a devoted husband and father and has a vision for himself and his life that makes him unwilling to settle for second best. He is not one of those men who will spend his life doing what he needs to do in order to get what he wants. He is a man with the courage to pursue what he wants to do in order to provide for his needs. Brave, loyal, funny as hell, mischievous and the only one who can hug me like my dad used to.


His wife is the perfect addition to our family. She is strong, opinionated, silly, and amazing mother and has the uncanny ability to let Cody be Cody. She is the perfect sister that Stacey and I never knew we wanted...but it turns out we need her too. She is an amazing mother to Brody, and my favorite person to have a drink with and sit around the campfire. She is totally honest, insightful and FUNNY without even realizing it.
I am blessed beyond reason the have these three terrific people in my life.

No comments: