Friday, April 11, 2008

Love?


Thinking a lot about love and what it means to be "in love." People frequently express the sentiment that they love someone, but they are not in love with them. What does that mean?

I love my children, I love my family, I love my dog, I love blueberries, I love the sound of Hawley Lake and the smell of the ocean, but how can my love for blueberries equal how I feel about my children? The answer is that it cannot. There are all different kinds of love.

With that being said, what am I looking for in my life? What kind of love am I interested in having for me? What kind of relationship, what kind of man? Marriage or living together? Manly he-man or sensitive guy......can you find both in one man? Can you truly love one person for the rest of your life? FOREVER?

I think I am looking for a man who can communicate. Someone who will discuss the events of the day and life with me and listen to me prattle on endlessly about nothing while still thinking I am charming. (Good luck, right?) Someone who can laugh at himself and the chaos of life and be able to talk me down when I let it all get to me. Someone brave. Someone who WANTS to be with me, who thinks I am dead sexy. Someone who can sleep on the trampoline because the weather is nice, who knows I hate roses and that I have a thing for fresh sheets. Someone who will enjoy my attention and affection without feeling smothered and someone who doesn't mind watching as I slowly evolve into my grandmother.

I think I found him. I hope I found him. He makes me feel tingly and bubbly and hopeful for the first time in a century. I am scared. If this is not him, I am scared there will never be a HIM. If this man is not him after all, I don't think HE exists.
If Project Redwood is not the man I think he is, there is a very real possibility that I will become my neighborhood's 'Crazy Cat Lady.' Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of cats, so I will have to settle for the 'Crazy Dog Lady' and that just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I am crossing my fingers and putting out all the positive energy I have in regards to this situation. I will jump......and if my bungee cord doesn't break my fall, at least I have had a hell of a ride.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Project Redwood..I like that :) Make sure you check your bungee cord before you jump, you'll be just fine!